Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Playing with konad and cupcakes

So it's that time again...blog post time! I mentioned a while ago that I bought a Konad Nail Stamping Kit from Amazon, but I haven't posted any pics of stuff yet. A couple days after I got it I painted my nails light pink then tested all three of the colors that came in my kit. I put on a red firework, white flowers (there were 3 with little branches), and a black flower. It smeared a little bit when I put the topcoat on, but it wasn't bad for my first try (and considering I used a dollar store topcoat). My right hand was worse off than my left though, since I'm a righty and all. So here's a pic of the result:


Tada! Pretty, huh? I know, it was really random, but I just had to test everything!

A few weeks ago my boyfriend's little brother got married, so it was time to pull out the konad again! I didn't have time to do my nails before we left, so I took everything with me up to his parents' place. I used a shimmery blue base (which turned out to kinda suck because it's made to be more of a glitter overcoat than anything and it started peeling when I took a shower that night) and a pretty white flower-vine thingy for the design. Here's the pic (but it was taken a few days later, so please ignore the tips of my nail that had peeled off):


And his sister and mom thought it was so cool that they had me do their nails too! His sister painted hers gold and I put red flowers on them (the same as the white ones that I did on my pink nails), and his mom painted her nails purple and had me put some white flowers on them. I don't have pics of their nails though, so I can't post them to show. And if you're wondering, here's what I wore to the wedding:


It got glitter EVERYWHERE!! That's why I had to take a shower when I got home right away. My boyfriend doesn't like glitter and I was literally coated in it from head to toe! It was pretty bad. lol

And now for what you've really been waiting for: the cupcake amigurumi!


Isn't it adorable? I strayed from the instructions a little bit because I didn't want to make the extra top piece that it suggested. It was supposed to be pink bottom, brown top, white icing with a brown swirl, and a pink berry on top. I just opted to make a whipped cream top and the berry instead though, as you can see. And I like how it came out. ^-^ So what do you think? Should I make some more of these little guys? I'm going to be working on the donut pattern in the book next, so stay on the lookout for that and let me know what you think about this one in the meantime! I'll take color suggestions too!

Well I don't want to make this thing too insanely long, so bye bye for now! Hope everyone is enjoying the new year so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment