Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Monday!!

Happy Monday everyone!! I know, it's a horrible thing to say, but if you start the week out on a good note, it's bound to end on a good note as well, right?

Well I have a lot of little updates today because I did so much over the weekend. Like I said on Friday morning, I got to hang out with one of my friends over the weekend. We actually ended up hanging out on both Friday and Saturday and hung out with some other friends Saturday night and played some Uno. It was fun because I haven't played Uno in forever.

So first, my friend and I made our cyberlox. She made a pair of black and yellow that she plans to add some extra stuff to and wear to the Youmacon Rave. Mine are pink, blue, and white. They both also have double the plastic lacing on them for extra decoration.


You can check them out on my facebook page too: Black and Yellow and Pink, Blue, and White

My friend's cyberlox are at "single" thickness and mine are "1.5" thickness, and roughly 1 foot long. Here is the pricing for them:

Normal: $30 (like the black & yellow)
Extra (x1.5) thick: $40 (like the pink, white, & blue)
Super Extra (x2) thick: $50

That night we went out to dinner wearing them and people kept asking us about them, so I was able to hand out a TON of business cards. There was a lady that was sitting at the table next to us that asked us about them because they looked like the hair on the "la la loopsy" dolls. I'd never heard of them, so I checked it out and it kinda does. So I figured I could make some "kid size" pairs of cyberlox that would work for halloween. They would be roughly 8 inches long and be $20 or $30. The $20 ones would be "single" thickness and the $30 ones would be "double" thickness. That was just an idea tho.

I also worked on a cute, giant lolita bow while we were hanging out. They're pretty simple to make, but involve a little bit of sewing. I only made one, but I have the fabric all set to make a second one.


You can check it out on my facebook page too: Giant Lolita Bow

I figured I would sell them for $5 each, and I currently have fabric to also make them in blue, pink, purple, and a pink flower print. I think the coloring is a bit off in this pic, but it's actually a bit of a mint color.

And because I mentioned it in my last post, the wigs that I got came in and I got to try them on and takes pics over the weekend!! So I thought I would share some pics of them with you.


So those are the two wigs I got from Gothic Lolita Wigs. The one on the left is their Wavy Creamy Mint (and the two ponytails are detachable), and the one on the right is their Choco-Black Bob, which I got for free because they were doing an awesome promo where you could get a free bob if you spent $39.95 or more. I want to do some photoshoots with these too, and I REALLY love the mint wig. There's also a lolita contest going on hosted by one of their muses (and you can find details on their facebook page) and I really want to enter. I just don't have anything lolita... ^_^;;;

Aside from that, I still need to get the needle-felting commission all set and I'm gonna make some more bows soon. I'm having so much fun with all my art stuff right now. ^-^ Oh, and my friend that did the cyberlox with me said she thinks it would be awesome to "join my company", since she does a lot of crafty stuff too. I'll update again once we get some of that figured out.

Well, I guess that's about all I have to say for now. Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment